Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another Day Another Nickel

Yep...here I am working or maybe not so much. This week is going to be BUSY! I have a wedding this Saturday & it will be my first as primary shooter. I have rented a 70-200mm f/2.8 & a fish eye. I want some fun shots with the fish eye. I rented them from www.rentglass.com it will be my first experience & hopefully a good one. It was cheaper to rent them online versus going to my local store in Santa Barbara. It would have been the same price for one wk from the local place as 3 wks with the online place. I also took some pics of my friend Zenia's twins. They were soooo cute! Currently gearing up for my move in July. Hopefully we will be moving. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.

My Grannie is doing okay but still gets confused. I wish I lived closer to help out. I wonder if she would like New Mexico. :) Went on a scrapbook get a way this weekend. It was good times & good food. Supposed to go again March 30th. Maybe I will get more than 8 pages done this time.

Taxing time is approaching & I am dreading getting all of my stuff together. I know Mike would like to get them done with the quickness, but I am dragging my feet. I am going to be claiming my photo biz this year & I think the unknown is scary.

Also scary this week I finally have to learn to give the dog his shots by myself. I know he needs them but I hate poking the little pooch. Mike is going to work the Nascar race in Nevada. He should be able to leave & have a good time without having to worry about if I am taking care of the dogs. Still sucks.

Also have to say one of my friends in Colorado passed away Feb 16th. Her name was Melissa Marr. She was a Longaberger consultant, homemaker, quilter, crafter & great friend. She was sassy, full of spirit & a joy to know. I will miss her stories & sassy ways. Knowing her made me a better person. That's all we can hope for is to do some good while we are here & leave the world a better place. Her husband is one of the kindest men I know. I feel bad that he is going thru such a tough time right now. Grief is hard to deal with especially when you have no family nearby. Say a little prayer for him as he goes thru these difficult days without Melissa.

I think Helen Keller said it best when she said "My friends have made the story of my life".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home